Main Purpose of the Job
To achieve agreed sales targets for new and used cars, accessories, financial products and extended warranties within defined operating and financial guidelines.
To prospect for new and used car sales.
To ensure customer satisfaction bonus targets are achieved.
To contribute to the development of plans, policies and procedures as required ensuring the achievement of all sales tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
- To prepare and use sales presentations, designed to achieve maximum results from available sales opportunities, including: customer greeting; qualifying; handling objections; product presentation and demonstrations; closing and delivery; finance and accessories
- To qualify and refer prospects/customers to the Business Manager
- Develop and use a planned daily, weekly and monthly follow-up programme, as agreed with the Sales Manager and to use customer follow-up and prospecting systems to create additional sales opportunities for repeat or new business.
- To contribute to the achievement of maximum customer retention through the above and through the effective delivery and handover of vehicles.
- Develop and maintain a full knowledge of all own products, accessories, prices and the key features of major competitors
- Handle all customer queries and complaints efficiently and ensure they are resolved to satisfy customer and company requirements. Advise the Sales Manager of issues where necessary and ensure appropriate action is taken in a timely manner.
- Ensure new and used cars are attractively displayed and specified, also ensuring an adequate display of brochures/ pricelists/ accessories and finance information. Ensure the used car display is maintained to the highest standards and that the valet programme is updated daily with used cars on display within 3 working days of coming into stock (excluding paint rectification)
- Provide reports as required on all sales activities including follow-up, prospecting, sales presentations, new clients etc, ensuring accurate sales forecasts where possible.
- Maintain adequate records of all sales activities and expenditure. Ensuring the accurate completion of all sales and financial paperwork in a timely and efficient manner
- Carry out accurate appraisals of all vehicles presented for part exchange, using a systematic appraisal record, including mechanical, electrical and all cosmetic features. Agree valuations with the Sales Manager and complete satisfactory negotiations with potential customers to maximize sales,
- Liaise with the Business Manager regarding HPI checks and any outstanding finance prior to delivery.
- Maintain all demonstrators and cars supplied for personal use in clean and tidy condition, fuelled and suitable for their use as customer demonstration or sale cars at all times. Report any damage immediately to the Sales Manager.
- Ensure strict adherence to the standards of the approved used car programme.
- Ensure part exchanges are sold before reaching 90-day deadline.
- To fully utilize computer systems to achieve a high standard of data.
- To attend manufacturer training as required.
Limits of Authority
Not to supply car valuations to customers without the agreement of the Sales Manager if not in line with company guidelines.
Not to enter into any purchase or sale contracts without the approval of the Sales Manager if not in line with company guidelines
Not to supply a demonstrator or loan car to a customer unless the customer has signed the insurance indemnity form and, without a copy of an original driving licence, an indemnity to confirm ownership of full and valid UK driving licence.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidate Privacy Statement